Saturday 28 June 2014

Pandemonium
But the air stays still
Sterile to thoughts unspoken
Begging to see
Whirlpools raging silently.

I thought I'd start this blog off with a short poem. Poetry is an interesting thing isn't it? A simple paradigm shift in formatting preferences gives language the power to capture any idea and compress it into a (relatively) bite-sized chunk of 0's and 1's than would otherwise be necessary. Though that's not to say that all poems are equally palatable, indeed one cannot even compare number of food items in this world with the number of poems, it is a shame that not everyone has tastebuds.

Name: Brandon
Occupation(s): student (permanent till death)
Hobbies: I really like to think.


I really like to think.


Though a student of the sciences (Biochemistry, for the sinfully curious), I opt instead not to confine myself to any one area of interest. I often find myself wandering around in arbitrary subdomains of human knowledge from time to time, though my completed reading list is painfully pitiful. I'd actually rather not try to remember what books I've read for fear that I will recall all of them.

"So why should I follow the amateur blog of this literary poser?"

Entertainment perhaps? (But isn't that what blogging is all about?) I cannot possibly detail to an acceptable measure who I am or what this blog is about in a single post. The more poetically inclined may be able to abstract an extrapolating hint from what I've written so far but I give no promises. At worst, an impractical exercise in journaling, at best, my intellectual memoir.

I am not a proper writer, nor is this blog about anything in particular.

I really like to think.

I like writing poems too.

No comments:

Post a Comment